Applying a visa for umrah is not as easy as other visa. You cannot simply apply yourself but have to go through an umrah agent. Agent in Malaysia has to engage an agent in Saudi (Muasasah). Some muasasah insist that you must have accommodation and transportation arranged first before you can apply for visa.
At last someone told me about Jagung Mas Travel. They charged RM350 for the visa. They applied the visa as if I’m traveling in their group. For cheaper alternative, I heard someone doing it in KL for RM270.
The Visa condition: You must enter Saudi within 30 days from the date of the visa. So the earliest you can apply is 30 days before you are due to enter Saudi. Your stay in Saudi must not exceed 30 days.
After all the suspense, I finally got my umrah visa. InsyaAllah, I’ll arrive in Madinah on 10 April and travel back to Malaysia from Jeddah on 20 April.
Step by step procedure:
- Buy ticket. You need to submit ticket when applying visa
- Ladies must have mahram and any sort of documents to prove that, to submit together when with visa application.
- Contact agent for visa application. Not many agents willing to do it if the ground arrangement not purchased together. They will get in trouble if you overstayed or violate any of visa condition.
- In my case, the agent sort of evaluated me and convinced that I would not violate the visa condition before agreed to arrange for visa.
- They will create a mock package and stick on the passport before applying for visa.
- When you received back your passport, you will notice a small sticker at the back with the name of an agent in Saudi.
- Before traveling to Saudi, you have to have some idea where are you staying, at least a name of the hotel. Just the name and do not have to book it. In my case I have the business card from the hotel given to me by my father who went there a month before.
- When you land in Saudi, all went as normal except before final exit door at the airport. Someone will ask to look at your passport and they will shout the name of the agent at the back of your passport.
- Your Saudi agent will approach you and ask you about arrangement in the Saudi. You just tell them that everything is arranged for and give him the name of the hotel.
- They will arrange the taxi for you.